Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Selah: Training up a child

I thank the Lord for his mercy and grace towards His children.  I thank Him for all the trials and tribulations that comes every now and then to help make us more like Him.  I can't help but think the same way when it comes to our children.  I was blessed with this evening's message at church -- how we can make a difference in the lives of our children.  We are the first generation Christians in our family (both my side and Raymond's side).  I can honestly say that it is quite hard not having a Christian heritage.  We are thankful to God for our parents coz eventhough they were not saved, they trained and disciplined us in the best of their abilities.  But starting a Godly heritage is a whole different chapter.  Thank God for the Bible and our church that guide us along the way.  I love our children.  I thank God for them continually.  It's a hard start and a long journey, but our sacrifices will help start pave the way ahead.
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin