Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I was wrong

So whatever happened to my "awake, arise...and write" post?  I thought for sure that last post should have triggered the reset button on me to get back into my blogging routine.  But I was wrong :(

Knowing myself, whenever Raymond is away, I always bury myself in "things-to-do" so I can forget about time and his absence.  But that week after my awake post I did not write one single blog even after after being alone in bed for three nights.  I must have anticipated Raymond's return so much...or was it the date night that Friday?  Probably!

Yes, you read it right; that Friday night, we went on an early anniversary date downtown (11 years.  Woohoo!).  We went to the Princess of Wales Theatre to watch Sound of Music.  It was great.  Love their voices.  Love their performances.  Love the stage.  But boo to me for not bringing my camera that night.  It would have a been a great photoshoot with all the lights downtown.  (I even got to see a nice landscape of the city when we went to Raymond's office to print the tickets --- don't ask me why we're printing it just minutes before the show!)  Then a nice dinner at Baton Rouge.  Ahhh!  And it was a perfect night.  Not too cold for a November night.  Wished I had my camera (don't ask me why I don't have it; long, sad story).

Too late for this drama (Raymond promised we will visit downtown again for a date, and this time I AM BRINGING MY CAMERA!)


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Now,  let me blog about my princess' field trip that Friday afternoon.



I was able to join her again at that field trip (thanks to hubby for working from home).  We went to a nursing home and the kids prepared a program for these beloved seniors.



We also have a little ministry for the seniors in nursing/retirement home somewhere else once a month but this is different.  Not only do they get to hear poems and special music...



and Scripture recitations...



but they get to see a whole crew (twenty, I believe) of little boys and girls.



Somehow, the presence of children always brings a smile to these grandmas and grandpas.



Plus, they got to eat treats together. 
Now that's a real treat!



Thank you to their teachers and helpers.  It was real blessing...to everybody.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh!
It's Wednesday? 
I am supposed to do a rewind, right?
Well, this will do. 
It's a rewind of what happened last week!
;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin