Saturday, July 3, 2010

Wolf and Birds


We surprised the kids to a three day vacation at Niagara Falls earlier this week.


We were blessed to be able to get a $179/night rate at Great Wolf Lodge...
(and with a $150 gift card from Lani, we only spent around $30 for the hotel).


It's great to be back at GWL.
Kids enjoyed it a lot.


And Jakob was tall enough for all of the slides!


Raymond and Jakob got to go on the Vortex and on the big blue slide
(but we forgot to scan their wristbands for photo).




 On our third day at Niagara Falls, we went to Bird Kingdom.
I am sure I promised myself never to set foot on this attraction since I found out that there are lizards walking around the floor of the reptile section...
but a half-price Canada Day weekend deal is sure hard to pass.


I did skipped the reptile floor and just waited on the platform to meet the rest of the family
but honestly, my heart was racing and my eyes are constantly scanning the area
just in case that lizard comes right out of the exit door...
or a staff walks behind me with a lizard on the shoulder...
you'll never know.
(I thought I escaped that reptile part, only to find out that they have a new "exhibit" at the nocturnal section...
a monitor lizard. 
Yuck!
 Even though it's behind a glass display, I can sense that it's looking at me...
can't even continue this story, it's giving me goosebumps!)


 We crossed the border after the Bird Kingdom to do some exciting "one hour" shopping
but before that, we ate at Perkins restaurant
and an elderly man whom we met at the door,
came to our table with three stuffed toys for the kiddos





We were definitely showered with blessings those three days!
It was a very nice (and cheap) getaway.

 

(notice Raymond's eyes?
no glasses!
He lost it somewhere in the hotel.
He drove home for four hours with no glasses)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin