Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cake Pops

I found this cool website with cute "cake pops" and I could not resist it, I have to give it a try. It's from Bakerella and she makes the cutest little cake pops in every imaginable design. This was my second try though. I was not so impressed with my first attempt so I did not take any pictures (Wrong, wrong, wrong...successful or not, first is still special. I will never take "firsts" for granted anymore). Delicious? Yes.
Presentable? Not as I want them to be. It looked like a Timbit donut covered in candy melts. I might have made the balls a little too big that's why I ended up with about ten cakepops that fell off the stick. Good thing my household likes sweets - perfect or reject. They were all gone the same day (okay, two made it the next day), and surprisingly, the 32 cakepops that survived the procedure were also gone in one morning. I brought them as a treat for my little girl's Sunday School class being too embarrassed to bring it to my in-laws as Mother's Day treats for kids. I guess it was a hit...for the kids anyway!
Special thanks to my ever supportive sister for giving me the cookie cutter that I desperately needed for my cakepops to actually look like cup-cakepops. I've searched everywhere. Wal-mart, Zellers, The Bay, Sears, Home Sense, Winners, Home Outfitters, Chapters, Canadian Tire, Bulk Barn, Real Canadian Superstore, Dollar Stores. Although Bakerella said you can find the best one at Williams-Sonoma, I thought being the best shopper that I claim to be, I can find it in my area. I was wrong. That's why my first cake pops are just round and boring cause I run out of time looking for this cookie cutter. (Though I saw a similar one at Michael's in Whitby, I just didn't buy it right away coz I have this there's-a-cheaper-one-closer-to-me mentality). So in desperation, I asked my sister to get one for me at Williams-Sonama downtown Toronto.
And boy, there was a huge difference...just take a look at the bottom part of these cakepops. They are starting to look like mini-cupcakes, eh?
I was so happy and excited. They really look good and taste yummy too!
Cake pops, anyone?
My daughter just adored these cake pops, specially because it's pink so she decided to make one too...in her doodle-pro :)
Awww! Hers is cute too!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin