Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fear and Trust

Fear grips every individual in small or big way. Fear of spiders, fear of death, fear of failure, or maybe fear of losing a loved one. We all have fears. But we not be afraid if we trust God (Psalms 56:11).

Two weeks ago, hubby was away for five days for an orientation in Ottawa for his new job. We praise the Lord for His great provision through this new job. But we were all heavy hearted to say our farewells because this was the first time we will not be complete as a family for more than a night or two. I can sense my firstborn, Jakob, and his uneasyness knowing daddy won't be around for almost a week. I have to fight my tears as I saw Jakob quickly wipe his tears away when he said his goodbyes to his daddy that Sunday afternoon he left for Ottawa. I cried myself to sleep for two days, and tried to accomplished my To Do list for the reamining three days just to keep myself occupied. When I asked them to make a card for Raymond on the morning of his return, I was surprised to find Psalm 56:3 in Jakob`s card. When we asked that night why he chose that verse, he explained that he was afraid - afraid that something might happen to his daddy, his plane might crash and we might not see him again. All those days Raymond was away, Jakob was trusting God that He will take care of his daddy.



And last week, Beata started having nightmares. She dreamt of something that she was too afraid to even describe it to us. What she wanted to do is to say Psalm 56:3, and sing `Precious Jewels` everytime she felt the fear. And I can totally see her peace every time she does these two things. She was able to overcome that fear the following day.



What childlike faith!

We can always learn something from our children.


What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.
Psalm 56:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin