Tuesday, March 30, 2010

We're back!

Actually, we've been back for more than a week now -- thirteen days to be exact. 
We were sick after our trip, well, mostly mommy.  I chose the bed and rest than to sit in front of my computer and download and edit pictures. 
My apologies for the (very) late post.

It was a very memorable long drive across the border.

Wet, cold and memorable.

It was raining so hard when we left for New York.  Our windshield wipers are on it's maximum speed, I believe, because it was pouring rain.  Our drive to New York was longer than we anticipated because of the poor visibility due to the heavy rain.

Day one in New York.

We reached our hotel a little after four in the afternoon.  After having an early supper at the hotel, we headed Midtown, New York for some sightseeing (hopefully, some shopping, too!). 

It has not stopped raining!  We were all soaking wet from walking for a block or two, and we have to stop and warm ourselves inside a sports store.  We eventually ended up at McDonald's while waiting for the rain to stopped-- which did NOT happen by the way. 

McKiddos

Back at the hotel, I have to do an extra load of laundry coz our clothes and jackets were soaked and smelly.  Eewwww!

So, my excitement to take nice photos at Times Square with all the neon lights has to take a back seat.

I did take some pictures, but they were all from inside our car.

newyork_box9-1


Day two in New York

We tasted a bit of sunshine but it was drizzling most of the day. 

We tried to visit the Statue of Liberty in the morning, but to our surprise, the ferry that takes you to the statue was not operating that day because of a problem with the ticket printing.

Lost our hope of a great visit to New York?

Not really. 

We were able to go to the Liberty Park and see the statue.  Though all we see was her back, it was still a good and close view. 

DSC_0553 copy

I was not feeling well at this point, so I chose to take pictures while sitting at our car's trunk.  I was too cold to walk closer to the water.   Thankfully, I have a zoom lens with me.

MonLiberty

Then we went to Jersey Gardens for some serious shopping.  Though I was empty handed at the end of our "outlet shopping" (too sick to even shop and think), I was still glad because..we are going to eat dinner at Jollibee.  How I msssed Jollibee!  It is one of the famous fastfood store in the Philippines.  It's our counterpart for McDonald's.

DSC_0630

jollibee


Snapped a few pics of the Empire State Building along the way, too.

newyork_box9-2


It's a bit tempting to say that our visit to New York did not go well. 
But I am looking at the brighter side. 
It was actually a really memorable one...plus, since we did not get a good stroll around Times Square, I have a good excuse to ask for another visit to New York City. 
Next stop, Philadelphia!

To be continued tomorrow (I promise)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin